- Remove obstacles in the house that could cause
tripping- everything from small floor rugs to objects on the floor like an over-sized vase or magazine stand.
- Install handrails and lights on staircases, with
light switches at the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Install shower and tub grab bars in the
bathroom, around the toilet and the tub.
- Place no-slip mats on the shower floor and
- Paint doorsills with a different, highlighting
color to avoid tripping.
- Put on hip pads if you’re at risk for falls.
- Make home lighting brighter, but prevent glare.
- Have your vision checked often and regularly.
- Ask the doctor to review your medication
- Start exercising regularly, especially tai chi
or yoga to increase flexibility and strengthen muscles and joints.
- If you can’t stand comfortably, exercise in a
To reach one of our SafetyWatch team members, Contact Us Here or call 727-330-7767. We’re here to help you.
- Source: www.parentgiving.com