Is it Time for You to Consider a Medical Alert System?
We all reach a point in our lives when we should consider the powerful benefits of having a medical alert system installed right at home. As more individuals from the Baby Boomers generation cross the 65-year-old threshold, the potential for a fuller, safer life begins to change.
Maintaining independence and living the life you want to live is entirely possible; however, it’s worth considering additional support that guarantees happiness and healthiness no matter what. That starts by creating a safe home.
A medical alert system can create a safer living environment for yourself or your aging parents: It will provide you with:
- Your Personal Safety Net: Although your kids and friends might try and check on you every day, they may be miles away, unable to actually assist you when the time comes. A medical alert system is right there with you, in person, helping to mitigate the potential consequences of falls and injuries if you’re all alone. It’s an easy way to stay safer without having to rely on other people.
- Medical Emergency Support: Life is unpredictable, which is why it’s hard to know if the time will come when you have a dire medical emergency. A in-home or mobile medical alert system will connect you to medical personnel, you can rest assured your emergency is communicated clearly and effectively in a short amount of time. Accessing a two-way intercom, you can let the operator immediately know what is wrong, providing them with the information to take it from there and ensure help is on the way.
- Help with Falls and Breaks: According to the Centers for Disease Control, close to 33% of individuals over the age of 65 fall at least once per year. Although you might not want to think about it, it’s definitely something to consider. As yet another layer of security and peace of mind, you can add a fall detection sensor to your medical alert system which will help you quickly get help if you take a fall.
- Family and Friend Reassurance: People care about you. Chances are, you have siblings, a spouse, kids, and even grandkids. They want to know that you are in good hands even if they aren’t able to get to you all the time. For them, knowing that a medical alert system is by your side, they will experience peace of mind.
- Comprehensive Solution: Overall, whether you have care at home, people stopping in, close friends, or family nearby, adding a medical alert system, embedded in your home, completes any kind of comprehensive safety solution. It’s the missing piece in the puzzle of aging.
SafetyWatch Medical Alert Systems
Here at SafetyWatch, we want you to be safe and protected. Although we don’t want to think about injuries, they are likely – and are made worse when there’s no protective system in place. We’ve created a responsive solution that is perfect for any home, helping you and your family to achieve some peace of mind finally.