With the onset of old age, elders are confronted with the possibility of accidents. Among these accidents, falls are the most frequent and can lead to injury, trauma and may even be fatal.
Besides the initial impact, falls can also be fatal due to the fact the elder may not be able to get up in optimal time if unassisted.
Luckily, with the introduction of the medical alert system, much has been done to prevent unpleasant situations like falls from happening.
As a result, if you are on the market looking to invest in such a system, then here’s everything you need to know before you make a decision.
The Features It Offers
In order to make an informed decision, it is for the best to consult the websites of manufacturers in order to get detailed information on what key features the product offers.
Not only that, you can also make a decision by comparing specifications between competing devices.
Here are a few specs you should look out for:
- Battery Life. The device does not help much if it requires frequent recharges, so it is for the best to look for the one with a high battery life. Bonus points if it has a backup battery.
- Fall Detection. In the case of situations where the elder has been injured or rendered unconscious, the device can trigger automatically and issue a warning signal.
- Water Resistance Feature. Being able to wear the device in the shower or during rain without damaging it. Considering that 80% of falls occur in the bathroom.
- 2-Way Communication. The medical alert system allows communication with the rescue team through a microphone.
- Effectiveness. Referring to the quality of the signal if it is able to issue an alarm at all times without interruptions.
What Do the Reviews Have to Say?
Another important step before buying a device is to check what previous buyers had to say about it.
If a product has caught your eye, it is important to get a better picture of how it may address your needs. That is why it’s best to check online to see how the reviews rank it.
Through reviews, you can get a better idea of how the device functions and perhaps even discover peculiarities which wouldn’t have been obvious at a first glance.
Or, you may hear testimonies from clients who have been satisfied with the product and this helps you feel more secure about your purchase.
Many developers themselves take notice of these reviews and address the situation through their own means.
As result, the best approach is to keep yourself informed by looking out for F.A.Q sections or by contacting the manufacturer’s support services.
All for a Good Price
The price of the medical alert system is a bona fide concern to have before committing to a purchase.
As a rule of thumb, it is important to be on the lookout for a product which offers you a plethora of features and has a good reputation among reviewers.
Usually, the industry standard is that manufacturers sell the product through a subscription model. During which you or your loved ones will be able to use the device and have continuous contact with a response and intervention center.
Choose the Best Medical Alert System
We hope this article answered some of your curiosities and that it will help you make an informed decision when making a purchase.
If you are looking for a Medical Alert System which ticks all the boxes mentioned above then Contact Us or call 727-330-7767 for further information.